Modification of Possession and Access (aka visitation)

When two parties are divorcing or splitting up, they establish a parenting plan in a Final Decree or court Order wherein the terms for possession and access (a/k/a visitation schedule) are set forth.  However, circumstances change over time.  Sometimes a remarriage has occurred.  Sometimes a parent needs to move to a new city.  Sometimes a work schedule has changed dramatically.  These reasons and others can sometimes serve as the basis for filing a new lawsuit.  If you believe you need to change your prior court Order or if you fear the other parent wants to change the prior Order, you need to speak to an experienced family law attorney who can evaluate your unique situation and give you an honest assessment.  I have handled hundreds of family law cases involving possession and access, and I am eager to share my experience and knowledge with you.

Modification of Child Support

If you are seeking to modify the amount of child support you are paying or receiving, I am eager to explain the law and your rights to you.  Child support can be modified for a variety of reasons including, but not limited to, when the needs of the children have substantially changed.  In some cases, child support can be modified if the obligor (person paying) has obtained a new, higher-paying job.  Conversely, if you are the person paying child support, but you are not making the same salary today as you were at the time of the last Order, you may be able to decrease the amount of child support you are paying.  If you have any question about whether you can increase, decrease, or even terminate child support, call me today at (281) 207-1101 to schedule an appointment so I can give you an honest assessment of the facts of your case and explain how the law applies to your situation.